East Feliciana Parish
The East Feliciana Parish Police Jury is the governing body of the parish and consists of nine representatives elected by district.
The parish was part of Feliciana Parish, which was founded and named in 1810 by Spanish rulers, who then controlled the territory. Feliciana is derived from a Spanish rendering of the French name “Felicité”, which means happiness. The Spanish governor named it in honor of his wife, Marie Felicité.