for the Parish of East Feliciana, Louisiana
EFP CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT DISTRICT
East Feliciana Parish is located in the heart of Louisiana Plantation Country, established in 1824 when the old parish of Feliciana was divided in half now known as West Feliciana and East Feliciana, which is Spanish for “Happy Land”, encompasses 456 square miles in the state’s hill section.
East Feliciana Parish
The East Feliciana Parish Police Jury is the governing body of the parish and consists of nine representatives elected by district.
The parish was part of Feliciana Parish, which was founded and named in 1810 by Spanish rulers, who then controlled the territory. Feliciana is derived from a Spanish rendering of the French name “Felicité”, which means happiness. The Spanish governor named it in honor of his wife, Marie Felicité.